Stainless Games are looking for a skilled VFX Artist who wants to help us make really great games that people can look forward to playing. Successful candidates will work with our friendly, experienced team on high profile projects for multiple platforms.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented
colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight. Remote working would be considered for the right candidate.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer,
established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our
belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile,
Console, PC Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Create in game particle and special effects for projects
covering a number of genres and styles
- Create shaders and Particle systems that look great and run
well across low to high end hardware
- Create textures and flipbooks for use in game
- Work within small multi-disciplinary teams across a number
- Work closely with your lead artist to help create effects
and particles to spec
- Experience: variable, depending on seniority
- Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and
post processing effects
- Strong skills in 3DS Max
- Knowledge of Unity and Unreal particle systems
- Passionate about art for games across a variety of styles
- Good Photoshop skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Proven track record creating assets for a good variety of
- Created assets across a number of platforms from mobile to
- Good traditional art skills
- Knowledge of basic character animation
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
After the disruption of recent years, our team have returned to the studio on a much more flexible basis. We thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, while also helping to nurture our collaborative company spirit. However, we wanted to give our team the best of both worlds, so they now have the option to work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays if they wish. We’ve also recently refurbished our studio to enhance the working environment for all. We would consider full time remote work for the right candidate, but they would need to accommodate UK working hours, so the role would likely be more suited to those in a similar time zone.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once
restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive
lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest
places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach,
making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any
relevant links to work if possible.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer,
which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees
and job applicants equally.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive