Stainless Games requires a proactive and skilled Lead Tester to join our fast-paced and active QA department.
You will be responsible for leading the work performed by a
team of dedicated internal testers. This includes creating test plans and
supporting documentation, assigning out daily tasks and database management as
well as performing hands-on QA Testing, bug investigation and bug reporting.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Assign work to the team in a structured and effective manner
- Create and maintain test plans, smoke test sheets and daily
- Lead smoke tests and specific checks in a consistent and
thorough manner as part of a structured test plan
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient and
informative manner and assist in maintaining the bug database
- Use investigative skills to find problems, assisting
programmers and artists with reproducing and validating bugs
- Verify the implementation of features and fixes for existing
- Training/assisting hiring of new QA staff members
- At least two years of recent experience in a functional QA
department within an entertainment software environment, including proven
experience of supervising others
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Experience in formulating and maintaining test plans
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently
- Self-motivated and the ability to use initiative when required
- Computer literate in word processing, record keeping,
database handling. Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and
- Excellent attention to detail
- At least one year of experience in a supervisory capacity in
an entertainment software environment
- Experience working alongside development teams (embedded/internal)
- Extensive knowledge of bug tracking software such as Jira
- Knowledge and/or experience with TCR/TRC requirements /
Apple Store Review Guidelines and Google Play policies/core app requirements
- Experience with testing on the following platforms:
- Experience with automated testing and scripting for
- Experience with live titles/cloud-based games, remote data
delivery methods and analytics.
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer,
which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees
and job applicants equally.
When applying, please provide a cover letter and CV.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!