Stainless Games are
looking for a Lead Designer brimming with creativity, innovative vision and
technical ability to join our experienced and friendly team. The successful
candidate will be working on high profile projects to create engaging game
experiences across multiple platforms and various genres.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Work closely with the game director to help add
definition to the design vision for projects
- Lead the design team to create new and exciting game
features and content
- Provide leadership, direction and line management to
the design team
- Own an ongoing design relationship with the publisher
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish the games
design vision and hold responsibility for
the creation and maintenance of any design documentation in support of
- Effectively time manage yourself and those in your team
- Review design elements to ensure a captivating game
experience and tweak or re-balance elements falling short of the project
- Evangelise the game design within the company and to
- 2+ years game development in a senior design role
- Shipped multiple titles in a design role where you held
important areas of responsibility
- Able to work collaboratively with all departments to
develop a game in line with your design vision for it.
- An excellent understanding of past and current game
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Detail orientated
- Proven track record working on a variety of game genres
and economic models for games
- Experience utilising metrics for game design
- Experience working across a number of platforms from
mobile to VR
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Experience using Unreal
- Experience using Unity
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any
relevant links to work if possible.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
to be part of our friendly and progressive team!