We require Junior QA testers to join the QA team at our studio on the Isle of Wight.
As part of a fast-paced and active department, you will be responsible for game testing, bug investigation and reporting and ensuring the highest overall quality of each product.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Carry out smoke tests and specific checks in a consistent and thorough manner as part of a structured test plan
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient and informative manner
- Use investigative skills to find problems, assisting programmers and artists with reproducing and validating bugs
- Verify the implementation of features and fixes for existing issues (regression)
- Occasionally assist with the production and upkeep of existing test plans
Note: This is an entry-level position and no prior experience of formal testing is required.
- Computer literate. Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team player
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- A technical mindset and an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Knowledge of the current gaming landscape, both in software and hardware
- Right to work in the UK
- Involvement in games development (e.g. game jams, beta participation, university courses)
- Understanding of the role testing plays in games development
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
When applying, please provide a cover letter and CV.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!