We're looking for experienced, proactive and skilled testers to join the QA team at our offices on the Isle of Wight.
As part of a fast-paced and active department, you will be responsible for game testing, bug investigation and reporting and ensuring the highest overall quality of each product.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight. Remote working would be considered for the right candidate.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Carry out smoke tests and specific checks in a consistent and thorough manner as part of a structured test plan
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient and informative manner
- Use investigative skills to find problems, assisting programmers and artists with reproducing and validating bugs
- Verify the implementation of features and fixes for existing issues (regression)
- Occasionally assist with the production and upkeep of existing test plans
- At least 1 year of experience within the last 3 years as a functional QA tester in an entertainment software environment
- Computer literate in word processing, record keeping, database handling. Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team player
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- A technical mindset and an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Right to work in the UK
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Experience with testing on the following platforms:
- Xbox One
- Knowledge and/or experience with XR/TRC requirements, Apple Store Review Guidelines and Google Play policies/core app requirements
- Experience with automated testing and scripting for automation.
- Experience with cloud-based games, remote data delivery methods and analytics.
After the disruption of recent years, our team have returned to the studio on a much more flexible basis. We thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, while also helping to nurture our collaborative company spirit. However, we wanted to give our team the best of both worlds, so they now have the option to work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays if they wish. We’ve also recently refurbished our studio to enhance the working environment for all. We would consider full time remote work for the right candidate, but they would need to accommodate UK working hours, so the role would likely be more suited to those in a similar time zone.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
When applying, please provide a cover letter and CV.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!